Resources & Recommendations
Listed below are several resources to help prepare expecting families for birth, postpartum recovery, and newborn care. Please note this list is not exhaustive and will be periodically updated.
Support for Birthing Families that Sign (Deaf/HoH)
- La Leche League Warmline: 1-877-452-5324 (LaLeche)
Labor and Recovery Tools
- Belly Button Bliss: A Small Collection of Happy Birth Stories
- Pink Stork Solutions: Morning Sickness Solutions
- Pretty Pushers: Labor & Delivery Gowns, Post-Baby/Nursing Packs
- HealFast Bath: Postpartum Healing Herbal Sitz Bath
- Motherlove Nipple Cream
- BunchaFarmers Stain Remover Stick (effectively removes breastmilk and baby poop from cloth and clothing)
Prenatal Exercise and Movement
- Be Blooma Well Prenatal Yoga
- Blooma’s A.M./P.M. Yoga
- Daily Essentials with Gaily Tulley and Sarah Longacre
- Ballet Beautiful: Ballet Baby (stream online or via DVD)
- BabyConnect ($4.99) – Record baby feedings, nursing, naps, diapers, milestones, pumping, mood, temperature, etc. Compare information with previous day and previous week averages, and view the data on graphs to identify trends; also track weight, height, head size and baby’s last medicine or vaccine. Synchronize information with your spouse, babysitter, nanny or daycare wherever they are.
- Contraction Timer Lite (Free) – A handy one-button interface to start and stop the timer; also lists the duration and spacing of the last contraction, the average and count for the last 20 minutes, and the last hour.
- BabyBump (Free) – A comprehensive pregnancy app and social network for expecting parents with pregnancy countdown, pregnancy forums, journal and photo journal features, weight tracking and more.
- Pregnancy Sprout Lite (Free) – Helpful information for pregnant moms and their developing baby, color images of fetal development, and personal and interactive My Baby and Doctor Says sections; developed by MedArt Studios.
- I’m Expecting (Free) – Created by MedHelp this app allows moms to track their symptoms, share details with their doctor and compare with other moms. Also, weekly updates about the mom’s body and baby’s growth are available.