Kenya will serve as the DONA certified birth doula companion to expecting moms, their partners and support system to create and manage the positive birth experience the laboring woman desires. A snapshot of services are listed below and references are available upon request. Visit Kenya's DoulaMatch profile to learn more.
- In-person visits to get to know each other, explore the birth process, and develop a birth plan
- Birth coaching during labor, through delivery, and immediately after
- Assistance with physical comfort measures and emotional support
- Knowledgeable help that allows the woman’s partner to focus on the birth experience
- Ongoing support via email, phone, and social networks
- Accompaniment to prenatal visits or tours, as requested
- Referrals for other community-based services and supports
Kenya's services, time spent with families, and the attention to compassionate care are exceptional. Fees are reflective of the high quality of service each family will receive.
- Payable in one lump sum or 3 installments of $400.
- Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, PayPal, Venmo or GoogleWallet.
- Add doula support services to a baby shower wish list or gift registry to help cover the cost.
As stated in the DONA International Code of Ethics, Kenya believes in a doula for every woman who wants one and will work with each family to make that happen. Any adjustment to fees may be discussed and determined during initial consultation.
Birth Locations Attended:
- George Washington University Hospital (GW) - 6 births
- Holy Cross Hospital - 3 births
- Howard County General - 1 birth
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Reservoir Rd) - 2 births
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Irving St) - 5 births
- Shady Grove Hospital - 8 births
- Sibley - 2 birth
- Special Beginnings Birth & Women's Center - 1 birth
- Virginia Hospital Center - 2 births
- NYC/Brooklyn - 2 births, including 1 home birth