Personalized Labor Support and Birth Doula for Home, Hospital or Birth Center
Kenya believes in thoughtful planning, education and relationship building to ensure a positive and satisfying birth experience for every family she serves. A snapshot of services is listed below and references are available upon request. Visit Kenya's DoulaMatch profile to learn more.
DONA Certified Birth Doula
- Private in-home birth planning and education sessions for expectant families, including useful, easy to read handouts and resources
- Personalized birth support, including help laboring at home, continuous assistance at the birth, and partner coaching
- Customized postpartum support for families, including planning for the 4th trimester, help with breastfeeding or nursing, and processing the birth experience
Birth Locations Attended:
- George Washington University Hospital (GW) - 7 births
- Holy Cross Hospital - 3 births
- Howard County General - 1 birth
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Reservoir Rd) - 2 births
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Irving St) - 5 births
- Shady Grove Hospital - 8 births
- Sibley - 3 births
- Special Beginnings Birth & Women's Center - 1 birth
- Virginia Hospital Center - 2 births
- NYC/Brooklyn - 2 births, including 1 home birth
Kenya's services, time spent with families, and the attention to compassionate care are exceptional. Fees are reflective of the high quality of service each family will receive.
- Payable in one lump sum or 3 installments of $400.
- Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, PayPal or Venmo.
- Add doula support services to a baby shower wish list or gift registry to help cover the cost.
As stated in the DONA International Code of Ethics, Kenya believes in a doula for every woman who wants one and will work with each family to make that happen. Any adjustment to fees may be discussed and determined during initial consultation.
+ Click to view Kenya's DoulaMatch details
Contact Me to discuss how I can best meet your needs, including my availability, rates and references.
With Harp & Sword: A Doula’s Guide to Providing Trauma-Informed Birth Support was written to build a greater understanding of the lifelong impact of interpersonal violence in women’s lives, to discuss trauma-informed care as part of birth support and to offer strategies to enhance the doula practice. This version is a printed book shipped to readers via flat rate media mail.